We have made it our mission here at FiveBoxes to inform you, the reader, about threats to your liberties. We have done our best to withhold stories that are too slanted and hold back stories until enough information is gathered to make a reasoned, informed article. The past three to four weeks have seen such an avalanche of pure idiocy, we’ve been having trouble keeping up and making sense of it all.
Our information gathering casts a wide net in an effort to read as much data as possible, and try to figure out how the pieces fit together, and what it all means. After sifting through the mountains of data, we have the following analysis:
As the old saying goes, “Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?”
Our analysis is that the government of United States, at almost all levels, is not only corrupt, but working towards a bi-partisan goal of bringing socialism to the United States.
In what should come to no surprise to longtime readers of this website, we believe that President-elect Barack Obama is a strong believer in socialist principles. Whether it’s “spreading the wealth“, extolling the virtues of the government having a strong hand in the distribution of wealth, or authoring a bill that would have taxed the United States’ Gross National Product by $845 billion over 13-years under the pretense of “eradicating global poverty”… Barack Obama in his own words described himself as a socialist. (And sadly, many students here in the United States seem very happy about that.) But one person can’t enact this radical change by themselves; there has to be more than one person involved.
So how are the socialist forces aligning against freedom? Against liberty? Against the principles that founded this great nation? Let’s take a look at the evidence:
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were run by high-profile Democrats like Jamie Gorelick, and the beneficiaries were high-power Democrats Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. Fannie & Freddie continued bad business practices for years, only to suddenly — and unexpectedly — crash 1 week to the day after Sarah Palin was named McCain’s running mate. Coincidence, or was the “plug pulled” for political advantage?
- The bailouts — which we argued against — were supported by both parties, despite vocal opposition from voters, and despite economists saying that the best thing the government could do, would be to do nothing. We at FiveBoxes see the bailouts as nothing more than redistribution by another name. The politicians in D.C. ignored the wishes of the people they are sworn to represent, and knowingly de-valuing the U.S. dollar. Why?
- On December 9th, 2008, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich criticized Bank of America for taking $25 billion in bailout money, then refusing to use that money for its intended purpose: to pump back into the financial system by lending it to businesses and private individuals. He ordered all state agencies to stop doing any business with Bank of America. The next day he was indicted by the federal government for trying to sell Obama’s Senate seat. Chicago politics has always been go-along-get-along: you can do what you want so long as you’re not whizzing in someone else’s Wheaties. Was his indictment coincidental, or had Blagojevich whizzed in the wrong bowl?
- Everyone knew the bailouts wouldn’t work, especially with AIG and Bank of America taking the money and running. But their failure is the typical government response: “We didn’t go far enough.” So President-elect Obama calls for another stimulus package, (this one around $800 billion, on top of the $700 billion we already didn’t want), citing the “dire consequences” of not passing one. In addition for calling for a “21st Century New Deal“, he proposes creating 600,000 new government jobs as part of his so-called “American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan”. These new government employees would be needed for what, exactly? Could this be the “Civilian National Security Force” Obama spoke of during the campaign?
- The “Big Three” automakers (GM, Ford, and Chrysler) are negotiating their own bailout, despite the fact that numerous sources have analyzed that bailing them out would cost jobs and make the matter worse. And no one seems to be mentioning that government involvement in private industry — especially one of the largest industries in the United stances — will enslave the auto industry to its new master: the United States Federal Government and further increase the power of the United Auto Workers Union, which is causing the failure of the Big Three in the first place.
- The “old” news media, such as newspapers, are also hard-hit. Subscription rates are down, which means ad revenue is down. Despite some large city papers offshoring the design and layout of their papers, the cut-rate labor isn’t helping. So for some papers, the government has come running with a handout. Doesn’t anyone see a problem with the government controlling the media? Doesn’t anyone remember the Soviet Union and Pravda?
- Despite sea ice being at the same levels they were in 1979 and bone-chilling cold around the country, global warming alarmists are still pushing their agenda. They tell us that Christmas lights harm the planet; the EPA proposes a “greenhouse gas tax” of $175 per dairy cow; and the Oregon Department of Transportation wants to install satellite tracking devices on cars to tax you by the miles you drive. These story are but the, well, the tip of the iceberg. Also, let us not forget that Obama would support cap-and-trade taxing our coal industry into bankruptcy. And who does President-elect Obama pick for his “Global Warming Czar”? Carol M. Browner, who was listed as one of the 14 leaders of Socialist International‘s “Commission for a Sustainable World Society.” After being named by Obama, Socialist International removed her name from their website. What’s more, since this position is not technically a cabinet position, the appointment does not need Senate confirmation hearing.
- As we accurately predicted, this incoming administration is already muzzling dissent by pre-selecting which journalists he’s going to talk to during that press conference. Carol Marin of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that “The press corps, most of us, don’t even bother raising our hands any more to ask questions because Obama always has before him a list of correspondents who’ve been advised they will be called upon that day.” To make this situation even worse, the President-elect gets to name the chairman of the FCC, and so he has picked college friend Julius Genachowski. Mr. Genachowski acted early on in the Obama campaign as a “bundler”, and raised over $500,000 in campaign contributions. So, long story short, it’s likely that the muzzling of dissent will continue with the re-imposition of the Fairness Doctrine, which — thanks to Genachowski’s technical and legal background — may be extended to the internet this time. (More info on Genachowski’s background can be found here.)
Yes, dear readers, except for the first two points, all of that happened within the last four weeks. Absorbing and analyzing all that data — and more — has been overwhelming. So let’s look at this picture this paints:
- We have a Congress that has single-digit approval ratings who are not listening to the people they are supposed to be representing, regardless of party.
- We have an incoming administration that is already muzzling dissent.
- We have a presidential appointee to an office that requires no confirmation, who has a direct high-level involvement with a global socialist group.
- We have the intentional devaluation of the U.S. Dollar and the intentional amassing of federal debt on an unprecedented scale.
- We have the nationalization (or threat of nationalization) of large parts of several key industries: banking & financial, manufacturing, and media.
- We have a presidential nominee for Attorney General — Eric Holder — who believes that the 2nd Amendment is a “collective” right, and who has set a track record of being hostile to private gun ownership.
- Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the “global warming” agenda is being advanced while energy resources available to the United States — including coal, ANWR, and oil on the Outer Continental Shelf — are shut out from development, or are on the table for being taxed into oblivion.
- We have a country that is so busy being divided against itself that they don’t notice any of this.
These things are all happening with the full knowledge and approval of both political parties, they are under-reported in the mainstream media, and they are happening at an alarming rate. So what conclusion can we draw from all this?
That it is the plan of groups unknown to bring socialism to the United States, and it will be done by first bankrupting us through carbon taxes and bailouts and social programs like “national health care.” A “national crisis” along the lines of a food shortage, gasoline shortage, or something similar may be engineered or capitalized upon. Then the “only solution” that will be presented will be to further tie our economy into the economy of other nations through a common currency and through numerous treaties that enable “a freer movement of money from person to person and from country to country, for the benefit of all.” This will be done in exchange for our national sovereignty and our personal liberties.
Some may read this and call it a “nut-job conspiracy theory.”
Others will read it and understand it for what it is: a warning of what is on the horizon.
May God save us all.