Government Takeover of Healthcare: What you need to know
Rather than re-invent the wheel, we’ll just link to the relevant headlines:
- What the Health Care Bill Means for You – (if you no other link, read this one)
- How The Healthcare Bill Will Impact You, Your Family & Your Business
- The Morning After: Waking up with a Coyote Ugly Healthcare Bill
- Caterpillar: Health care bill would cost it $100M
- AT&T to Book $1 Billion Cost on Health-Care Reform – and don’t think that cost won’t be passed long to AT&T customers
- Walgreens: no new Medicaid patients as of April 16
- Your Medical Records Aren’t Secure
- Companies are already warning employees about higher health-care costs
- Key House Democrat: There are no rules, we make them up as we go along
- No, Pres. Obama, the health care vote was not “of the people”
- Health Care Crisis About to Get a Whole Lot Worse
- ObamaCare: New Taxes on Investors and Massive Marriage Penalties, Too
- Dem Congressman: “If You Don’t Tie Our Hands, We Will Keep Stealing”
Remember how, prior to Obama’s election, we kept talking about how Obama was a socialist? About how he wanted to tax the American dream? About how he told Joe the Plumber that he wanted to spread the wealth around? Remember how all the Obama supporters said we were all “right-wing kooks”? Who was right? Oh yeah, we were, but we’re not happy about it:
The natives are no longer restless…
…we’re furious! And our anger is manifesting itself in some of the same things the colonists did after England pushed down The Stamp Act and The Intolerable Acts. We suggest the people in Washington take notice, read a little history, and begin doing their job of representing their constituents, lest We the People remind them, and the world, why we declared independence from England.
- Coffin placed in front of Carnahan’s house
- Cantor Says Campaign Office Was Shot At, Accuses Dems of Exploiting Threats
- Phone Calls Continue to Batter Congress
- Congressman’s Office Says Constituent Calls Are ‘Harassment’
Unfortunately, this anger and fury is now starting to spill over from anger toward congress critters and Obama, to supporters thereof. In Nashville, a road rage incident occurred because the victim had an Obama bumper sticker. We wonder how many people are going to start scraping those stickers off their cars for fear of being targeted by people who just can’t take it anymore. We encourage everyone to read Patriots: The Men Who Started the American Revolution to see just how closely we’re paralleling the days leading up to 1776.
What we have to look forward to
Since everything in the government runs about as efficiently as the post office (which is to say it runs inefficiently), the fact that the US Postal Service is moving toward 5-day delivery just reaffirms that we’re going to be paying more for less under ObamaCare.
A few little victories:
- Court: ‘Under God’ and ‘In God We Trust’ are constitutional
- Texas Conservatives Win Curriculum Change
- Liberals Getting a Taste of How ‘Balance’ Feels
Obama hates the USA
That’s the only conclusion we can come up with. Despite ObamaCare, there are other telltale signs. Like how gas is up $1 a gallon in just a year after Obama took office. (Though there’s few news stories trumpeting this the way they did when George W. Bush was President.) This rise is due in part because the White House fails to make clear that it will allow US companies to drill for oil in our own territorial waters, and in fact is leaning toward re-instituting the ban on drilling in our outer continental shelf. That skepticism has led to the gradual increase in prices at the pump. In the meantime, Obama utters not a peep as Russia has begun to explore for — and drill for — oil in the Gulf of Mexico. And while US businesses are floundering to stay afloat, rather than focus on helping out businesses in our own back yard, Obama announced an “entrepreneurship summit” with Muslim countries. This comes on the heels of a $150,000,000 “technology grant” he offered to Muslim nations last year.
If this president truly cared about the United States of America, he’d be more concerned about Americans getting back on their feet and less concerned with everyone else.
- Social Security to See Payout Exceed Pay-In This Year – So spending more money we don’t have on OmabaCare is a good idea? Shouldn’t we fix what’s broken before buying new crap we can’t afford?
- Terrorists Could Use Explosives in Breast Implants to Crash Planes – And no, the new x-ray machines at airports would not detect exploding boobs.
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED) intends to purchase 27 Remington 12-gauge shotguns – What the hell does the Department of Education need shotguns for? Threatening teachers who refuse to indoctrinate the students?
- Nearly 100,000 civilian federal employees owe the IRS $962 million in back taxes – Why aren’t they fired, audited, and jailed?! Sadly, this won’t even put a small dent in the ObamaCare bill.